Terms and Conditions of Veterinary Service Agreement
- Authority to Requisition Service: A licensed trainer at the race track is authorized as agent for the horse owner to request Burch & Burch DVM veterinary service. All such service requests shall relate back to the owner, and the owner is ultimately responsible for all charges for service to its horse(s).
- Charges, Payment and Recourse: Burch & Burch DVM provides veterinary services to Clients that are owners of racehorses. Burch & Burch DVM’s charges for services rendered are as stated on the front side of this Statement. Client shall pay Burch & Burch DVM by the 25th of each month for the service to its horse(s). In the event that any payment is not made when due, Burch & Burch DVM at its sole discretion may at any time: 1) suspend or terminate veterinary services; 2) impose, and Client agrees to pay, a late fee of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month for all past due payments; and/or 3) set account for collection proceedings resulting in a $25.00 initiation fee. Client also agrees to reimburse Burch & Burch DVM for other collection fees, attorney’s fees for trial and any appellate proceedings and for any other moneys expended in order to collect past due amounts owed Burch & Burch DVM by Client.
- Returned Check Fee: If any check tendered for payment is returned, Burch & Burch DVM shall charge an $18.00 returned check fee.
- Adjustment to Charges: Burch & Burch DVM’s charges are based in part upon the pharmaceutical prices charged for the drugs necessary to treat the horses, and taxes in effect as of the date of this Agreement. Burch & Burch DVM reserves the right to increase the fees at any time.
- Jurisdiction and Venue: The parties agree that the jurisdiction for any dispute that arises as a result of this Agreement shall be under Florida law and the venue shall be Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement, exhibits and amendments, constitutes the entire understanding between the parties hereto; and cancels and supersedes all prior negotiations, representations, understandings and agreements, either written or oral , with respect to the subject matter hereof.